The South Carolina football team is headed to another bowl game this year and a handful of destinations appears to be the most likely landing spots.
South Carolina (8-3, 5-3 SEC) closes out the season with Clemson, the No. 2 team in the College Football Playoff rankings. A win over the Tigers seriously could shake things up, not just in the national title conversation, but also for the Gamecocks’ bowl potential.
Various media outlets have identified five bowls as a destination.
- Music City – Nashville, Tenn. (12/29/17 – 4:30 p.m., ESPN)
- Belk – Charlotte, N.C. (12/29/17 – 1 p.m., ESPN)
- TaxSlayer – Jacksonville, Fla. (12/30/17 – 12 p.m., ESPN)
- Outback – Tampa, Fla. (1/1/18 – 12 p.m., ESPN)
- Citrus – Orlando, Fla. (1/1/18 – 1 p.m., ABC)
South Carolina, the second-place team in the SEC East, appears to be on track to play a team from the ACC or Big Ten.
- Music City Bowl vs. Iowa (David Hale ESPN)
- Music City Bowl vs. Purdue (CBSSports.com)
- Belk vs. Wake Forest (collegefootballtalk.com)
- TaxSlayer Bowl vs. Louisville (Kyle Bonagura ESPN)
- Outback vs. Michigan State (SportsIllustrated)
- Citrus vs. Louisville (SB Nation)
The final line on the Gamecocks’ 2017 bowl resume will be written Saturday. Kickoff against the rival Tigers is set for 7:30 p.m. on ESPN. Clemson is listed as a 14-point favorite.