COLUMBIA, S.C. — Former members of the South Carolina football team are back in town Tuesday to perform in front of NFL brass at the school’s annual pro day.
Tight end Hayden Hurst and linebacker Skai Moore highlight the field, which also includes cornerback JaMarcus King and defensive tackle Taylor Stallworth. All four were in Indianapolis for the NFL combine.
Time to show out 🏈⏱️🤙 pic.twitter.com/xKhq3YdpY2
— Gamecock Football (@GamecockFB) March 20, 2018
The group will be joined by several former South Carolina football players, including defensive back Chris Lammons, safety D.J. Smith, defensive back Demetrius Smalls, defensive linemen Dante Sawyer and Ulric Jones, and offensive linemen Alan Knott, Cory Helms and D.J. Park.
SEC Country is on site at the team’s indoor practice facility to provide coverage of pro day. Any live updates and breaking news will be shared.
South Carolina football pro day updates
- While walking into the indoor building for pro day, I spotted Moore with a representative from the Baltimore Ravens. The two spoke for a couple of minutes before Moore went on the field to get ready for this portion of the day.
- Tony Barnhart, Mr. College Football, is among the media contingent.
- Patriots coach Bill Belichick is here.
- Also spotted reps from the Ravens, Bucs, Broncos, Redskins, Rams, Jets,
Chiefs, Eagles, Cowboys, Panthers, Lions, Seahawks, Dolphins, Bills, Browns, Giants and Steelers
- Citadel linebacker Myles Pierce and Limestone wide receiver Vyncint Smith are working out.
- Looks like assistant strength coach Chas Dodd, a former QB at Rutgers, will throw to Hurst and the receivers during on-field drills.
- Former Gamecocks defensive lineman Qua Lewis is here as an observer.
- Helms repped the 225-bench press 26 times. Because he still is recovering from a right ankle injury, he wasn’t able to run. He will do that next month at an event with the Panthers.
- Eagles tight ends coach Justin Peelle has worked extensively with Hurst.
- Hurst and Moore met with Belichick on Monday night. Moore said they spoke for about an hour. The former Gamecocks linebacker said they also met at the combine.
Hayden Hurst snagging passes from a rep with the Eagles pic.twitter.com/LVKDg35vKG
— Hale McGranahan (@Hale_SECcountry) March 20, 2018