COLUMBIA, S.C. — Following practice on Saturday morning at Williams-Brice Stadium, South Carolina coach Will Muschamp will meet with reporters.
SEC Country is live on location to provide live updates from the Gamecocks head coach.
Opening: “Great start to the weekend. Men won last night. The women won. Certatinly pulling hard for them. Baseball won. … Brett Favre spoke (at the coaches’ clinc). … He gave us a lot of insight on (high school coaching).
“Today was kind of a half-practice, half-scrimmage. We got a lot of things accomplished.”
- 75 live scrimmage snaps with coaches off the field
- Randrecous Davis is done for the spring after undergoing sports hernia surgery
- Chris Lammons (foot) and Skai Moore (ankle) are injured, but they’ll be fine, should return next week
- The kicking game is inconsistent, all-around: kicking, punting, snapping
- Muschamp likes the energy his team has right now
More on Brett Favre
- He threw before practice
- “He can still spin it. I can tell you that right now.”
This spring vs. last
“We’ve got some depth on the offensive line. We have more depth in our front seven — not at linebacker. … To have that experience back, they know what we’re expecting, as far as how is practice is run.”
“I think Zack is definitely a guy who feels comfortable at right tackle. … I’ve been please with his progress. Had a really good day yesterday.”
- Blake Camper, the backup is playing his best football, since Muschamp’s staff has been there.
OrTre Smith and Bryan Edwards
- They’re going through all of the 7-on-7 and skeleton, but they haven’t done the contact stuff yet.