COLUMBIA, S.C. — South Carolina football coach Will Muschamp met with reporters after a 31-10 win over Wofford on Saturday afternoon at Williams-Brice Stadium.
Here’s what the Gamecocks head coach had to say:
- “A workman-like effort. I thought our guys approached this game the right way. … Turnovers are key when you play these type of teams and you’ve got to score.”
- “Jake [Bentley] was on target and we had too many drops.”
- Antoine Wilder (elbow) and Shi Smith (ankle) should be fine.
- Senior Day is a “very emotional day,” so that played a part in the decision to have Senior Day today, instead of the Clemson game. “It’s going to be as emotional as you can get next week.”
- Skai Moore got a game ball today for his interception.
- Wofford “got on the edges on us a couple of times,” but today’s mission was accomplished: A win.
- Jam Williams “should be fine” for the Clemson game, after suffering a shoulder injury against Florida.
- On the Clemson score last year and the never-again-motto: “It’s just from a standpoint of competing. … We got out-coached and out-played. It starts with me. That, to me, was the message to our football team.”
- “They understand what’s next week. It’s important to them. Our guys will be prepared. We’ll be ready to go.”