Whenever Will Muschamp lands a commitment, the South Carolina coach drops a #SpursUp on Twitter. Come to SEC Country for the latest news, notes and observations in South Carolina recruiting. For previous editions of SpursUp Surveillance, check out the link.
South Carolina recruiting guests
Confirmed unofficial visitors for the Clemson game:
- 2018 DT Rick Sandidge (Concord, N.C.)
- 2018 DE Dorian Gerald (Florence, S.C.)
- 2019 DL Rashad Cheney Jr. (Atlanta) — Georgia commitment
- 2019 OT Warren McClendon (Brunswick, Ga.)
- 2019 OT Kamren McCray (Moncks Corner, S.C.)
- 2019 OT Jaylen Nichols (Charlotte, N.C.)
- 2019 RB Mikey Dukes (Charleston, S.C.)
- 2019 DB Tyron Hopper (Roswell, Ga.)
- 2019 S J.R. Walker (Elizabethtown, N.C.)
- 2019 OLB Traveon Freshwater (Elizabethtown, N.C.)
- 2019 DT DeAngelo Griffin (Cordele, Ga.)
- 2020 DL Tonka Hemingway (Conway, S.C.)
The 2018 updates
Louisville defensive end commitment Jarrett Jackson, who took an official visit to South Carolina earlier this season, is scheduled to take official visits to Pittsburgh and Louisville early next month.
The Palm Beach Gardens (Fla.) High School senior is listed by the 247Sports composite as the No. 43 strongside defensive end in the Class of 2018.
“I’m just trying to take this whole thing slow and think about everything,” he said during a recent interview with Phil Kornblut. “Trying to enjoy it, but at this point and time, it gets stressful with everyone calling and texting.”
Defensive line coach Lance Thompson remains in regular contact.
“I think their interest is pretty high,” Jackson said. “He talks to me about getting developed.”
Kornblut also recently caught up with Edward Dimes, the stepfather of 4-star linebacker Channing Tindall (Columbia, S.C.).
“He has an idea of a school he likes the most,” Dimes said. “He still wants to check more criteria that he wants to see on these visits.”
Tindall is set to visit to Auburn this weekend for the Alabama game.
Miss a previous edition of Spurs Up Surveillance? Get caught up here.