The 2019 South Carolina recruiting class no longer is ranked among the top 10 in the country, according to the 247Sports composite.
As of Saturday morning, the Gamecocks’ nine-man class is ranked No. 13 in the country and seventh among teams from the SEC.
Offers by the numbers
- Reported offers: 202
- 5-star offers: 13
- 4-star offers: 95
- In-state recruits offered: 5
- North Carolina recruits offered: 18
- WR Jamario Holley, 4 stars, Northwestern (Rock Hill, S.C.)
- QB Ryan Hilinski, 4 stars, Orange Lutheran (Orange, Calif.)
- T Mark Fox Jr., 4 stars, Northwestern (Miami)
- DE Rodricus Fitten, 3 stars, Washington (Atlanta)
- C Vincent Murphy, 3 stars, St. Thomas Aquinas (Fort Lauderdale, Fla.)
- DT Jahkeem Green, 3 stars, Highland Community College (Sumter, S.C.)
- DE Devontae Davis, 3 stars, Georgia Military College (Aiken, S.C.)
- T Jaylen Nichols, 3 stars, Myers Park (Charlotte, N.C.)
- TE Keshawn Toney, 3 stars, Williston-Elko (Williston, S.C.)
Top 3 uncommitted targets
5-star RB Quavaris Crouch (Charlotte, N.C.)
Crouch told reporters last weekend that South Carolina had some work to do to land him.
5-star DE Zacch Pickens (Anderson, S.C.)
The Gamecocks are expected to host Pickens this weekend for another unofficial visit.
5-star CB Chris Steele (Bellflower, Calif.)
Steele, who will announce his decision in July, will take an official visit to LSU this weekend. Oklahoma hosted him last weekend.
Here’s a breakdown of the number of commits by position and how many are projected to be signed:
- QB: 1/1 (Hilinski)
- RB: 0/1
- TE: 1/2 (Toney)
- WR: 1/2 (Holley)
- OL: 3/5 (Fox, Murphy, Nichols)
- DL: 3/5 (Davis, Fitten, Green)
- ILB: 0/1
- OLB: 0/1
- CB: 0/2
- S: 0/2
Here’s a breakdown of South Carolina commits by state:
- South Carolina: 4 (Davis, Green, Holley, Toney)
- Georgia: 1 (Fitten)
- Florida: 2 (Fox, Murphy)
- North Carolina: 1 (Nichols)
- California: 1 (Hilinski)