Whenever Will Muschamp lands a commitment, the South Carolina coach drops a #SpursUp on Twitter. Come to SEC Country for the latest news, notes and observations in South Carolina recruiting.
Miss a previous edition? Find every episode of SEC Country’s daily SpursUp Surveillance recruiting notebook right here.
There aren’t many certainties in the world of college football recruiting, including decision timelines.
With seven full months of action left, nothing is set in stone until 12 months of dust are cleaned off the fax machines and National Letters of Intent are signed, sealed and delivered.
Things tend to get a little more serious by the last week of June, so in the most general sense possible, one can safely say that targeted decision dates firm up when they’re set this time of year.
South Carolina already has 10 commitments on board for 2018 and they’re looking for more. Below is a list of prospects and around the time when they’re looking to decide on a commitment:
- 4-star DE Stephon Wynn Jr: July 1
- 3-star JUCO DT Jabari Ellis: July 4
- 4-starCB Jaycee Horn: July 15
- 3-star ATH Bryce Thompson: July 30
- 4-star S Trey Dean: July 31
- 3-star CB Steven Gilmore: Sept. 17
Before the end of July
- 3-star OL Jovaughn Gwyn
- 3-star CB Jonathan Gipson
- 4-star WR Matthew Hill
- 4-star OT Dylan Wonnum
- 4-star WR Josh Vann
- 3-star JUCO DE Dorian Gerald: Late summer/during the season
Fall or later
- 4-star OLB Channing Tindall: Second or third game during the season
- 3-star OL/DL Raiqwon O’Neal: During the season
- 5-star DE K.J. Henry: December
- 4-star DT Rick Sandidge
To be determined
- 4-star LB Dax Hollifield
- 3-star LB Rosendo Louis