COLUMBIA, S.C. — The latest from the final major recruiting weekend of the summer at South Carolina, including word on 4-star defensive tackle Rick Sandidge.
Sandidge and his family are heading home to Concord, N.C.
I enjoyed my time in South Carolina 🤙🐔😍
— J® (@rickyo_90) July 22, 2017
Newly-minted South Carolina commitment Ahdarrious Gee and cornerback Jammie Robinson, his 2019 teammate from Crisp County High School (Cordele, Ga.), will spend the night on Saturday.
More quick thoughts on the guess for Friday and Saturday:
- 3-star S Israel Mukuamu arrived late Friday afternoon, after visiting Georgia, where he landed an offer.
- “I got to talk to Coach [Will] Muschamp. He told me that they need and want me. He said I am a priority to them and they are going to come after me hard.”
- Translation: If Mukuamu commits elsewhere on Monday, South Carolina will continue to push.
- Four-star WR Josh Vann (Tucker, Ga.) on what stood out: “The bonding and enjoyment that everyone, including myself, had.”
- Vann said the message from Gamecocks coaches was the same as it has been. He’s needed/wanted in Columbia.
- Three-star Conway (S.C.) High School DL Raiqwon O’Neal: “I had a blast today at USC. I loved it.”
- Trips to Rutgers and Maryland are on tap for next week. A commitment will be announced in August.
- 3-star OL Jovaughn Gwyn, who visited from Harding University High School in Charlotte, said he had a “good” visit. N.C. State hosted him for a visit on Friday.
- Kamren McCray, a 2019 tackle prospect from Berkeley High School in Moncks Corner, S.C., enjoyed “the family atmosphere and fun competitions.”
Appreciate the more than 600 High School Football Players we had on our campus the last 2 days.#GreattobeaGAMECOCK!
— Will Muschamp (@CoachWMuschamp) July 22, 2017