The first major South Carolina recruiting weekend of the year is underway now that several prospects from the 2018 and 2019 classes are on campus.
This crop of official visitors are mostly signed or committed, but there is one who’s still up for grabs. Keep up with SEC Country for the latest on him and the rest of the Gamecocks guests.
- 4-star DT Dennis Briggs Jr. (Kissimmee, Fla.)
- 4-star WR Josh Vann – SIGNED
- 3-star WR Tyquan Johnson – SIGNED
- 3-star DT LaMarius Benson – COMMITTED as OL
As more prospects are confirmed to have arrived, those names will be added to the list below:
- 2019 5-star WR Jashawn Sheffield (Saint Simons Island, Ga.)
- 2019 4-star ATH Jaylin Simpson (Saint Simons Island, Ga.)
- 2019 3-star S Jakeen Harris (Savannah, Ga.)
- 2019 4-star DE Curtis Fann Jr. (Twin City, Ga.)
- 2019 4-star ATH Jammie Robinson (Cordele, Ga.)
- 2020 4-star WR Porter Rooks (Charlotte, N.C.)
Three-star quarterback Garrett Shrader (Charlotte, N.C.) is among the 2019 prospects expected to be on campus Saturday.
- Three-star running back Tahj Gary (Atlanta-Woodward Academy) was offered on Saturday, according to 247Sports. Gary, the No. 56 running back in the Class of 2019, also lists offers from Kentucky, Louisville and Purdue, among others. Gary (5-8, 205) attends the same school that produced South Carolina wide receiver Terry Googer.
- Fann, Sheffield, Simpson and Harris were together for the obligatory jersey photo shoot.
- Robinson sported his No. 6 during the photo opportunity.
- 5-star WR talks Junior Day
More South Carolina recruiting updates
- Updating top targets, offers go out
- The latest official visit plans
- Frank Martin sees local big, latest on Rick Sandidge
Stay tuned to SEC Country for any breaking news from the weekend in Columbia.