Because of the South Carolina State Fair, Gamecock Club reserved parking spots in the State Fairgrounds will not be honored for Saturday’s game against UMass.
The Fairgrounds parking lot will open at 9 a.m. for both the game and fair with fees set at $5 for cars and $10 for vans/oversized vehicles. All vehicles will be parked on a first-come, first-serve basis. Vehicles are permitted to enter through Gate 6 off Assembly Street or Gate 10 off Bluff Road. Gates 7, 8 and 9 will be used as exit gates only.
No tents, awnings, chairs or grills will be allowed.
Patrons with a handicap parking tag will enter through Gate 6 and Gate 10 into the Fairgrounds. Handicapped parking is available in designated spots only, but there will be no handicapped shuttle to the stadium.
“We anticipate traffic delays around the stadium and fairgrounds,” said Jim Petrus, South Carolina’s Director of Parking Services. “We encourage all fans to arrive as early as possible on Saturday to help alleviate the heavy traffic congestion that will occur closer to game time.”
Traffic on Assembly Street will run both directions before and after the game.
Fans are also advised:
- The following parking lots will open at 8 that morning: Williams-Brice Stadium, Gamecock Park, East Lots A thru D, Key Road and the Armory.
- To accommodate RV parking, the Capital City Stadium lot will also be open from 2-8 p.m. on Friday.
- Fans without a parking pass are encouraged to park in the lots around the Colonial Life Arena and ride the shuttle, which costs $3 roundtrip per person.
- Shuttle service begins at 9 a.m. and runs for 90 minutes after the game.
- The State Fair will open at 10 a.m. Fans with a ticket to the football game will be allowed into the Fair for free until noon.
- There is no Fair re-entry unless your hand is stamped prior to exiting. No football tickets will be honored after the game at the State Fair.