Will Muschamp met with reporters after South Carolina’s 20-7 loss to Florida on Saturday afternoon at Ben Hill Griffin Stadium.
Here’s what South Carolina’s first-year head coach had to say about the loss to his former team:
- Opening: “We didn’t handle the moment early on as a football team.”“It’s about the people. It’s not about the logo or the buildings … Just to shake Jim’s hand at the end and you’re standing there for 10 minutes at the end talking to players, that’s what it’s about, the relationships you build over time.”
- On Jake Bentley: “I thought he responded extremely well. Fought his butt off. We will continue to get better. The future is extremely bright.”
- On the dropped passes: “When you play against a really good defense like that, you have to capitalize on those plays.”
- On defensive breakdowns: “We had guys at the point of attack. You’ve gotta tackle.”
- On Rico Dowdle: “He’s fine. The only injury is Chris Moody has a bone bruise. That’s it.”
- On the road environment: “I wouldn’t say so. I do feel like we are a different team at home and that’s not a good thing.”
Muschamp met with Spurrier pregame. Said the former HBC wished the #Gamecocks luck.
— Collyn Taylor (@collynptaylor) November 12, 2016
Muschamp on UF D-line: "They have good players; you'll see that in April."
— Gene Sapakoff (@Sapakoff) November 12, 2016
Will Muschamp says the most important thing is to get bowl eligible for the seniors.
— GoGamecocks.com (@gogamecocks) November 12, 2016