Will Muschamp and the South Carolina Gamecocks completed their spring game on Saturday afternoon with the Black team winning 35-24 over the Garnet team.
Jake Bentley completed 19 of his 31 pass attempts for 301 yards while throwing for 3 touchdowns.
After the game, Muschamp provided updates on the spring game, which saw standout defensive back Jamarcus King leave with an arm injury. Two other South Carolina defensive backs picked up injuries while a number of players sat out the game.
— Mike Uva (@Mike_Uva) April 1, 2017
- On Jamarcus King: “He’ll have a plate put in there and he’ll be fine. He’ll be lifting in about two weeks.”
- On freshman WR Or’Tre Smith: “Really proud of him especially for coming as a mid-year guy”
- On DB Chris Lammons: He was out after suffering an injury during practice this week. He’s fine, long-term. Was held out since he wasn’t going to be 100 percent.
- On Sadarius Hutcherson: He was out after suffering an ankle sprain this week during practice. Muschamp said it was not a high-ankle sprain. Again, he’ll be fine.
- On the men’s and women’s basketball teams’ NCAA Tournament success: “It’s awesome. I told our guys it’s time to do something. It’s great.”
- On where South Carolina is compared to a year ago: “I feel a lot about our offense but I’m concerned about our defense. There’s a lot of unknowns. We’re going to be asking guys who aren’t going to be on our campus yet to contribute and you don’t know how that’s going to go.”
Will Muschamp adamant that newcomers have to contribute in 2017, "whether that's providing depth or starting, I don't know."
— GoGamecocks.com (@gogamecocks) April 1, 2017