Kirk Herbstreit was back with more opinions about the SEC during the College Football Playoff rankings show.
The latest rankings were revealed Tuesday night. As usual, the noted ESPN analyst shared some revealing SEC-related takes. We’ve collected a few of his notable opinions:
- Before the show, Herbstreit said he couldn’t wait to see what would happen to the teams that lost last weekend. Georgia, after its blowout loss to Auburn, was among the group that was interesting to him.
- Early in the reveal of the rankings, Herbstreit said Alabama had to be happy to see where No. 16 Mississippi State and No. 20 LSU were included. He said the placement of the Bulldogs and Tigers was a good development for the Crimson Tide.
- Herbstreit said it was revealing to see what happened to Georgia against Auburn at Jordan-Hare Stadium. He said Auburn was the first team that could test Georgia, and the Bulldogs struggled mightily.
- He was quick to praise Auburn. He said the Tigers were “on fire” against Georgia. He added that “anyone” would have had trouble against Auburn that day.
- He said he’s worried about Alabama’s pass protection, even with many people talking about the Crimson Tide’s injuries on defense. He’s curious to see what will happen to Alabama in the weeks ahead.