3 things every Tennessee fan needs to know today
Tennessee has plenty to be thankful for during this holiday season.
The Vols (7-4, 4-3 SEC) are riding a four-game winning streak and could find themselves in a Florida bowl game if they can beat Vanderbilt (4-7, 2-5) on Saturday.
Moreover, Tennessee has done an admirable job of impressing some of its top prospects. It’s a busy Wednesday.
Here are three things to know:
- Tennessee’s bowl destination is still up in the air. However, Florida seems like a realistic possibility.
- The Vols lead for one of the best offensive linemen in the midwest. What other programs is he considering?
- One of the top offensive linemen in the nation talks SEC schools. Alabama has made an impression but the Vols are chasing.
Other Tennessee news from around the Internet
- Tennessee freshman defensive tackle Kahlil McKenzie continues to improve. Here is what his position coach had to say about him, per GoVols247.com reporter Ryan Callahan.
- The Vols running game continues to improve. That’s good news for Tennessee offensive coordinator Mike DeBord, per GoVols247.com reporter Wes Rucker.
- Vanderbilt announced its starting quarterback against the Vols on Saturday.
The best stories around the SEC
- The SEC was well represented in the College Football Playoff ranking.
- It’s still possible for two SEC teams to make the four-team College Football Playoff. Here’s how.
- Alabama hasn’t challenged Clemson for the No. 1 spot, according to the College Football Playoff committee.
- Former Heisman winner Bo Jackson shared his thoughts on who should win the Heisman this year.
- Former South Carolina QB Connor Shaw used Twitter to challenge the Gamecocks.