Tennessee’s football team has the week off before it reconvenes in Tampa, Fla., for the Outback Bowl.
The Vols are still a solid favorite against Northwestern, even though the Wildcats are rated higher in the College Football Playoff poll. Here is the latest on that, plus news on Tennessee’s assistants and former Volunteer quarterback Peyton Manning.
Here are three things to know:
- Tennessee is a favorite against Northwestern and should take care of business in the Outback Bowl.
- The Vols unveiled the uniforms they’ll wear in the Outback Bowl. It will be orange jerseys on New Years Day.
- Who is the better quarterback, Tennessee’s Peyton Manning or Alabama’s A.J. McCarron? Vote here in the SEC Country bracket.
Other Tennessee news from around the Internet
- Tennessee assistant Mark Elder has plenty of responsibilities as he transitions to his new job as the head coach at Eastern Kentucky, per GoVols247.com writer Wes Rucker.
- According to this Tennessee assistant, the key to recruiting well is simply winning, per GoVols247.com writer Wes Rucker.
- Former Tennessee quarterback Peyton Manning was not pleased with a report stating he wasn’t willing to be the Denver Broncos’ backup quarterback.