It was a somber day for lifelong Tennessee fans. The Vols lost one of their greatest and most colorful players of all time.
Meanwhile Tennessee football showed some serious class with a gift to a family still reeling with tragedy. There was also some recruiting news and even beach photos as the Vols put on the finishing touches for the Outback Bowl.
Here are four things to know:
- Tennessee lost one of its all-time greats on Wednesday.
- In a very classy move, the Vols honored a slain teenager with a special gift.
- The Vols got a pep talk from a fan favorite on Wednesday.
- Don’t be surprised if one of Tennessee’s top targets waits until after National Signing Day to chose a school. It’s possible.
Other Tennessee news from around the Internet
- Life’s a beach. Here are some beach photos with the Vols by GoVols247.com’s Wes Rucker.
- As the year comes to an end, here’s a look back at recruiting in 2015 by GoVols247.com’s Ryan Callahan.
The best stories around the SEC
- Auburn coach Gus Malzahn hired a seasoned vet to man up the Tigers’ defense.
- An Auburn player claims Memphis players spit on him.
- WATCH: More craziness from the Auburn game. You won’t believe this.
- An Alabama player has been sent home just before the College Football Playoff.
- Michigan State will need a career game from one of its key players to beat the Crimson Tide.