4 things every Tennessee fan needs to know today
Tennessee held its last practice of the bye week on Thursday. Then, it’s off to a much needed weekend of rest before Tennessee’s biggest challenge of the season – a trip to Tuscaloosa to face the tenth-ranked Alabama Crimson Tide.
Here are four things to know:
- Tennessee quarterback Joshua Dobbs has proven he’s not a player that should be easily dismissed, as per Knoxville News Sentinel columnist Mike Strange.
- There’s a fine balance between being physical and prudent during an off week, according to GoVols247.com reporter Ryan Callahan.
- Despite the criticism, persistence was key for first-year Tennessee offensive coordinator Mike DeBord, according to GoVols247.com reporter Wes Rucker.
- The controversy surrounding the hit that ended defensive tackle Shy Tuttle’s season continued on Thursday. One Vols player had some strong thoughts about the play from last Saturday’s UGA game.
Other Tennessee news from around the Internet
- VIDEO: One of Tennessee’s top recruiting targets is heading to the Bayou this weekend, per Scout.com’s Chad Simmons.
- CBS ranked every basketball team in the nation. It’s not good for the Vols, per 247Sports.com’s Kevin Ryan.
- To make things worse, first-year basketball coach Rick Barnes got punked by a local radio station.