3 things every Tennessee fan needs to know today
Tennessee fans – and perhaps oddsmakers – didn’t get any concrete injury news on Thursday. Just a smidgen.
“Little banged up right now,” coach Butch Jones said during an appearance on Nashville radio station WGFX when asked about his injured offensive linemen. “We’ll know a little bit more about Jashon Robertson here in the next day, same thing with Brett Kendrick.”
Jones has said as much. Robertson has an ankle injury. Kendrick has an ailing arm. With their status still in doubt and Jones playing things close to the vest, there are plenty of questions leading into the Tennessee-Alabama game on Saturday.
Here are three things to know:
- Wide receiver Brandon Johnson committed to Tennessee last month. That didn’t mean other schools would stop calling. Here is where his commitment stands.
- No one turns down a four-star offensive tackle. Tennessee and a handful of other schools are making up ground on Michigan for Tedarrell Slaton.
- VIDEO: Tennessee forward Armani Moore took on SEC commissioner Greg Sankey in arm wrestling on Wednesday. Here’s visual evidence.
Other Tennessee news from around the Internet
- Robertson’s status is unknown. That means the same for most of Tennessee’s starting offensive line, per Knoxville News Sentinel reporter Troy Provost-Heron.
- Kyler Kerbyson said Alabama’s football team is made of men – not machines, per GoVols247.com’s Wes Rucker.
- Don’t mothball the gray uniforms just yet, per GoVols247.com’s Ryan Callahan. Could the “Smokies” actually make a comeback?
- The critics are coming out in droves against former Vol Peyton Manning, per 247Sports’ Ian McCue.