3 things every Tennessee fan should know today
Tennessee didn’t need to be explosive against Missouri. It just needed to get the job done. Mission accomplished.
The Vols (7-4, 4-3 SEC) defeated Missouri 19-8 on Saturday in a defensive game played in dreary conditions. It wasn’t a notable game nationally, except for the fact that it was the last one at home for Missouri coach Gary Pinkel, who announced his resignation because of health issues earlier this month. Missouri (5-6, 1-6 SEC) still needs to beat Arkansas at Fayetteville, Ark., on Saturday to secure a bowl bid.
Tennessee’s win should enhance its bowl standing, and the Vols can finish the regular season on a five-game winning streak by defeating Vanderbilt next weekend.
Here are three things to know:
- Tennessee’s win against Missouri wasn’t pretty. Coach Butch Jones wasn’t complaining.
- Former Tennessee quarterback Tyler Bray didn’t think too much of the Vols on Saturday.
- Tennessee was the first to offer this prospect. Georgia has now jumped on board.
Other Tennessee news from around the Internet
- Butch Jones is all about his team’s patience and poise, according to Govols247.com’s Wes Rucker.
- Tennessee’s win was never in doubt, per Govols247.com’s Wes Rucker.