3 things every Tennessee fan should know today
For a coach that can’t tolerate anything outside the norm, Tennessee’s Butch Jones seems to have a firm handle on preparing for a game during the week of Thanksgiving.
The Vols held their “last tackle” drill in Neyland Stadium on Wednesday to honor the team’s seniors. Tennessee will hold an early practice on Thursday before partaking in holiday festivities later in the day.
There’s still a game to be played on Saturday in Knoxville. The Vanderbilt Commodores come to town hoping to get their third SEC win of the season.
Here are three things to know:
- Tennessee’s Elliot Berry hasn’t been in the news lately. Here’s the latest on the sophomore linebacker.
- Tennessee was in the running for the nation’s No. 1 wide receiver, but lost out on the key receiver prospect.
- The Vols aren’t finished recruiting in Georgia just because they lost out on one of their priority targets.
Other Tennessee news from around the Internet
- Tennessee’s new freshman standout is linebacker Darrin Kirkland, Jr., according to GoVols247.com reporter Ryan Callahan.
- Here is the latest on the Vols’ health, per GoVols247.com reporter Wes Rucker.
- Stability is something to be thankful for, per Knoxville News Sentinel columnist Mike Strange.
The best stories around the SEC
- South Carolina has several names in mind to fill its head coaching position.
- Mississippi State coach Dan Mullen is a hot commodity for a handful of coaching positions.
- Kyle Davis’ commitment to Auburn drew quite a reaction.