3 things every Tennessee fan needs to know today
With a bye week before Tennessee faces Alabama, the Vols are able to enjoy a 21-point comeback win over UGA for just a bit longer.
Here are three things to know:
- Tennessee quarterback Josh Dobbs keeps raking in awards from last week’s win over Georgia. The bad news? An upcoming opponent received the same weekly honor.
- How did the Vols overcome a 24-3 deficit to beat UGA 38-31? Trevor Sikkema breaks down the video.
- Tailgate planning will have to wait. CBS exercised its option on the Tennessee-Alabama game. 3:30 or 7:00 ET?
Other Tennessee news from around the Internet
- A win over Georgia doesn’t mean all is good with Tennessee’s defense. During a donor luncheon on Monday, defensive coordinator John Jancek discussed the issues, as per Knoxville News Sentinel reporter Dustin Dopirak.
- Tennessee beat Georgia with three significant injuries to its offensive linemen. Here’s how a pair of freshmen filled the gaps, according to Chattanooga Free Press reporter Patrick Brown.
- During Tennessee’s annual basketball media day, first-year coach Rick Barnes said he is turning up the heat, according to Knoxville News Sentinel reporter Grant Ramey.
- Tennessee picked up a basketball commitment for the 2016 class, according to Knoxville News Sentinel reporter Grant Ramey.
The best stories around the SEC
- Florida quarterback suspension for PEDs – and sorry, but claims of “I didn’t know” ring hollow
- Auburn DB not happy with Florida QB Will Grier’s suspension
- College football community reacts to Florida QB Will Grier suspension
- Les Miles: Florida’s passing game “will be same” despite Will Grier suspension
- Ole Miss still expects Laremy Tunsil decision from NCAA this week