Jordan Young‘s recruitment felt like it was trending against Tennessee the last few weeks, and that ultimately proved to be the case.
The 6-foot-2 wide receiver from Conyers, Ga., made it official and flipped his commitment to Florida State and signed Wednesday. Young took an official visit to Tallahassee, Fla., last weekend. He also changed his Twitter bio to “Florida State wide receiver” over the weekend.
His flip wasn’t surprising, but it still was a tough hit for the Vols’ 2018 class.
The Vols were the first ones to jump on Young when he was unrated and unknown. He became a big name in recruiting circles practically overnight after his offer from Tennessee.
The Vols have signed only one wide receiver in this class: Alontae Taylor from Manchester, Tenn.
Projected Tennessee signees on National Signing Day
- DE Greg Emerson, 4 stars, Jackson, Tenn.*
- DT Brant Lawless, 4 stars, Nashville, Tenn.*
- WR Alontae Taylor, 4 stars, Manchester, Tenn.*
- T Jerome Carvin, 4 stars, Cordova, Tenn.*
- TE Dominick Wood-Anderson, 4 stars, Spring Valley, Calif.*
- OLB JJ Peterson, 4 stars, Moultrie, Ga.
- DE Jordan Allen, 4 stars, Fairfield, Calif.*
- S Trevon Flowers, 3 stars, Tucker, Ga.
- DE John Mincey, 3 stars, Homerville, Ga.
- WR Cedric Tillman, 3 stars, Las Vegas, Nev.
- S Joesph Norwood, 3 stars, Chattanooga, Tenn.
- T Jahmir Johnson, 3 stars, Philadelphia*
- RB Jeremy Banks, 3 stars, Cordova, Tenn.*
- QB JT Shrout, 3 stars, Newhall, Calif.*
- DT Kingston Harris, 3 stars, Bradenton, Fla.*
- TE Jacob Warren, 3 stars, Knoxville, Tenn.*
- G Ollie Lane, 3 stars, Corryton, Tenn.*
- T Tanner Antonutti, 3 stars, Nashville, Tenn.*
- P Paxton Brooks, 3 stars, West Columbia, S.C.*