4 things every Tennessee fan needs to know today
Good morning, Tennessee fans! Tennessee enters its week looking to bounce back from a disappointing, 24-20, loss against Arkansas on Saturday. The Vols have now lost three of their last four games by a combined margin of 12 points. It was a tough Saturday, but here’s what you need to know on this Sunday:
- Coach Butch Jones said Tennessee is going through a “very challenging” process but must “remain resilient and keep working.” Jones also hit on several other topics after Saturday’s loss.
- Evan Berry provided Tennessee’s top highlight when he scored on the opening kick of Saturday’s game. Berry went 96 yards, which is the Vols’ longest play of 2015.
- Fans at Neyland Stadium were left heartbroken after Tennessee’s final turnover. Click to see the clip featuring the grief of Saturday’s loss.
- Former coaches Johnny Majors and Phillip Fulmer were spotted shaking hands Friday in Knoxville. Did the ex-coaches finally make peace?
Other Tennessee news from around the Internet
- Caleb Calhoun of All for Tennessee suggests that Tennessee should surrender the moniker “Wide Receiver U” following the loss to Arkansas. In the preseason, the Vols had a back-and-forth with Clemson over which program deserved the nickname.
- Wes Rucker of GoVols247 noted that Tennessee is still lackluster in late-game situations. The Vols were held to three points in the second half and scoreless in the fourth quarter.
- Chris Thomas of the Knoxville News Sentinel focused on how the Arkansas offense wore down Tennessee’s defense. Both running backs Alex Collins and Rawleigh Williams rushed for more than 100 yards.
Best stories around the SEC
- Leonard Fournette calls out LSU for taking MAC team lightly
- Best quotes from around the SEC: “Often imitated, never duplicated
- Best of SEC Twitter: Ole Miss-Florida
- Alabama DB says UGA’s pregame confrontation was “disrespect”
Jones: "It's very challenging right now. We have to be resilient and keep working."
— Matt Slovin (@MattSlovin) October 4, 2015