4 things every Tennessee fan needs to know today
Tennessee coach Butch Jones said “there are no moral victories” after the Vols lost to Alabama on Saturday. While that may be true, there are plenty of reasons why Jones should be encouraged by his team’s performance against the Crimson Tide on Saturday.
Sure, the Vols lost 19-14 in Tuscaloosa but they stood toe-to-toe with the No. 8 team in the nation. Tennessee (3-4, 1-3 SEC) has five games left. Here is where the Vols stand after seven games:
Here are four things to know:
- The grades are in. Here is how the Vols performed against the Tide.
- Senior offensive tackle Kyler Kerbyson thought the Vols should have beaten ‘Bama and said so after the game.
- Tennessee alumni are split after the Alabama game. Here is the reaction to the Bama loss.
- Kansas City Chiefs’ defensive back Eric Berry is emphatically back. The former Vol continues to amaze.
Other Tennessee news from around the Internet
- Adjustments were key in keeping the Tide under 20 points, per Knoxville News Sentinel reporter Dustin Dopirak.
- Aaron Medley may have missed three field goals on Saturday. However, that isn’t affecting Jones’ confidence in his kicker, per Knoxville News Sentinel columnist John Adams.
- Tennessee pass rush has been nonexistent at times this season. It showed up on Saturday, per GoVols247.com’s Ryan Callahan.