4 things every Tennessee fan needs to know today
A bit of controversy swirled around Tennessee’s football team following coach Butch Jones’ weekly press conference on Monday.
It played out on social media. First, there was a media report that sophomore offensive lineman Brett Kendrick was out for the season. That came after Jones said he wouldn’t rule Kendrick out for this week’s game against Kentucky. Then a Kendrick family member chimed in on Twitter.
Here are four things to know:
- Is Brett Kendrick out for the season or not? Seasoned local journalist Jimmy Hyams and Kendrick’s mother have different takes.
- There were other injuries to be concerned with besides Kendrick. Here is what Jones said about the ailing Vols.
- Despite his rough outing against the Alabama, Jones isn’t ready to give up on Tennessee placekicker Aaron Medley – even if some fans are.
- There’s mutual admiration between Jones and former Tennessee quarterback Peyton Manning. Feel the Big Orange love.
Other Tennessee news from around the Internet
- It may be painful but here is how ‘Bama beat Tennessee via a video study by SEC Country’s own Trevor Sikkema.
- More from the film room. Sikkema thinks the Vols have discovered the blueprint to beat Alabama.
- For entertainment purposes only, here is the point spread for the Tennessee-Kentucky game.
- Tailgating time in Tennessee. Here is the start time for the Tennessee-South Carolina game.