Tennessee (4-4, 2-3 SEC) and South Carolina (3-5, 1-5 ) are both trying to prove they’re not as bad as their records might indicate.
Both have excuses as to why they’re not higher in the SEC East standings. The Vols’ coaches had some in-game blunders that caused them to give up three big leads. Former Gamecocks’ coach Steve Spurrier looked like he was already ready for retirement before he resigned in October.
The two teams will face off Saturday with a chip on their shoulders.
Here are four things to know:
- The past two South Carolina games have been exciting, down-to-the-wire contests. Here’s a look back.
- The Vols have their eye on four top prospects who will take official visits this weekend.
- This Tennessee 4-star defensive end commitment says he’s all Vol but might take another visit to another school.
- Tennessee and South Carolina prospects predict who will win Saturday’s game.
Other Tennessee news from around the Internet
- Tennessee quarterback Joshua Dobbs had his coming out party against South Carolina last year, per the Knoxville News Sentinel’s Troy Provost-Heron.
- Sophomore Evan Berry is on pace to have a record-setting season, according to Knoxville News Sentinel reporter Dustin Dopirak.
- Tennessee coach Butch Jones has some tough decisions to make pertaining to redshirting freshmen this season, per GoVols247.com’s Ryan Callahan.
- Tennessee’s basketball program will look far different this season, according to Knoxville News Sentinel reporter Grant Ramey.
The best stories around the SEC
- LSU tailback Leonard Fournette may soon draw the NCAA’s ire.
- Alabama coach Nick Saban admitted that his NFL team stole signals.
- Here is what SEC Country thinks will happen in the Alabama-LSU game.
- Former UGA tailback Todd Gurley likes candy and wearing a tutu.