4 things every Tennessee fan needs to know today
Tennessee got off to a fast start but needed a little help to secure a 27-24 win over South Carolina.
Thanks to a late fumble, the Vols moved to 5-4 overall and 3-3 in the SEC. The Gamecocks had momentum and were trying to push the game to overtime or upset the Vols in the final seconds.
Here are four things to know:
- The Vols managed to hold on when the game was very much in doubt.
- For the second consecutive week, Tennessee had a player ejected for targeting. This one didn’t look good.
- A four-star offensive line prospect made an unannounced visit to the Tennessee-South Carolina game.
- The Vols are after a Vanderbilt commitment. This could be a tough battle for the Commodores.
Other Tennessee news from around the Internet
- It looked as if it would be an easy victory for the Vols. It wasn’t, per Knoxville News Sentinel reporter Mike Strange
- Tennessee bolted out of the gate then stumbled, per GoVols247.com’s Wes Rucker.
- Sure, there were plenty of key plays, but that fumble won’t be easily forgotten, per 247Sports.com’s John Del Blanco.