3 things every Tennessee fan needs to know today
Call its performance sluggish if you want. However, Tennessee was still able to blank North Texas 24-0. Coach Butch Jones wasn’t complaining after the game.
However, there were some recurring issues that have plagued the team all season long. The Vols started strong then seemed to lose their zest as the game progressed; this has been the case in big losses and even a few wins.
There were also major issues with the turf in Neyland Stadium, as was the case last week against South Carolina. Clumps of dead grass and dirt came up from the field throughout the game. The footing was shaky at best.
Here are three things to know:
- Butch Jones wasn’t upset after a win. However, he wasn’t satisfied with the Vols’ performance on Saturday.
- Shields-Watkins Field was so bad that it prompted North Texas’ athletic department to troll the poor state of the field on Twitter.
- The Vols did not hesitate when offering a scholarship to a top Georgia prospect, even if he is just a freshman.
Other Tennessee news from around the Internet
- Once again, the Vols fizzled after a hot start, according to GoVols247.com’s Wes Rucker.
- The Vols are bowl eligible for the second consecutive year, per Knoxville News Sentinel reporter Mike Strange.
- Here are some of the defining moments in the Tennessee-North Texas game, according to GoVols247.com’s Ryan Callahan.
- Here’s what Tennessee’s fan base thinks of the lackluster performance on homecoming, per the Knoxville News Sentinel.
The best stories around the SEC
- Tennessee’s next opponent has more to worry about than just football. Missouri coach Gary Pinkel’s health-relate resignation at the end of the 2015 season has drawn a larger response from the media and the college football community.
- Current and former players also reached out to support Pinkel.
- South Carolina appears to be closing in on its next head coach.