Tennessee bested North Texas on homecoming. Too bad Peyton Manning wasn’t in Neyland Stadium to lead the band.
The former Vol great had other things to do, like setting an all-time NFL record. It was a big weekend for Tennessee fans.
Here are four things to know:
- The grades are in. Here is the report card for Tennessee’s 24-0 homecoming win over North Texas on Saturday.
- Tennessee’s former players weren’t overly enthused with a win on Saturday.
- The Vols are picked to beat Missouri by a large margin on the road this Saturday.
- He may be the greatest quarterback in NFL history. Peyton Manning has the stats to back it up.
Other Tennessee news from around the Internet
- Tennessee has a head start on one of the top prospects in Georgia.
- Yet another Michigan prospect is taking a close look at the Vols.
- Tennessee is in the running for one of the top prospects in the southeast.
- The Vols are bowl eligible without having to sweat it, according to Knoxville News Sentinel reporter Dustin Dopirak.
The best stories around the SEC
- It’s looking like an Alabama-Florida matchup in the SEC Championship Game. Can the Gators stem the Tide?
- Who will Missouri hire to replace Gary Pinkel? Here is a list of potential candidates.
- Todd Gurley to Leonard Fournette: “Come back and play, man”
- Some analysts really don’t like the SEC.
- Here are some big hits. Take cover.