The Vols were back on the practice field on Tuesday and there was a new first-team quarterback.
Yep, freshman Quinten Dormady received the majority of first-team snaps in a scrimmage situation that was unusually open to the media. Was it to help Dormady improve or dissuade him from thinking of transferring? Only coach Butch Jones knows for sure.
Also, one of Tennessee’s leaders tugged at the heartstrings with an open letter to the Vols’ fan base.
Here are four things to know:
- Tennessee’s Curt Maggitt looked back on his career with an open letter to fans.
- An elite receiver from Florida has the Vols in his top grouping.
- A 4-star defensive end from Georgia has the Vols as a finalist.
- Vote here for Peyton Manning as SEC Country’s SEC Bracket challenge continues.
Other Tennessee news from around the Internet
- Guess which Vol took some first-team reps at quarterback on Monday? Knoxville News Sentinel reporter Dustin Dopirak provided some insight.
- Tennessee kick returner Evan Berry looks back on an All-American season, per GoVols247.com’s Wes Rucker.
- The Vols responded to a surprise selection on an All-SEC team, per GoVols247.com’s Wes Rucker.
- Here are the hoops lineups for Tennessee-Florida Atlantic, per Knoxville News Sentinel reporter Grant Ramey.