Bob Shoop was officially introduced to the media as Tennessee’s defensive coordinator on Tuesday. Clearly, he was the news of the day, but there was more to ponder.
Tennessee coach Butch Jones also revealed how hard it was to part ways with former defensive coordinator John Jancek. It was not easy.
Here are four things to know:
- Jones opened up about having to say “goodbye” to one of his longtime fellow coaches.
- Shoop’s interview was intense and very, very long.
- The Vols received good news from one of their juniors who was considering an early jump to the NFL.
- Here’s where Tennessee ranked in the final AP poll.
Other Tennessee news from around the Internet
- Shoop is already engaging in some playful banter with a Tennessee rival, according to GoVols247’s Wes Rucker.
- Shoop vows to be aggressive, per Volquest.com’s Austin Bornheim.
The best stories around the SEC
- Some all-time great Tennessee teams rank among the best from the SEC to not win a national title.
- There may be only one thing that Nick Saban is scared of. He actually revealed it.
- The SEC is well represented in way-too-early top-25. So are the Vols.
- Here are the top 16 SEC games in the first month of the 2016 season.