With the university in the midst of a Title IX lawsuit, the entire Tennessee athletic department held a joint press conference to share their stance on the stigma that is surrounding the school.
Here are four things to know:
- Of course, coach Butch Jones was among the strongest voices standing up for the Vols. Jones referenced the “good culture” in Knoxville for reasons why the university will persevere through the impending allegations.
- The biggest concern for many surrounding Tennessee’s football program is the effect the lawsuit may have on the recruiting trail, and there’s certainly no denying Jones feels the same.
- Speaking of recruiting, Tennessee handed out another offer Tuesday, as a Canadian running back is the latest prospect to get a scholarship offer from the Volunteers.
- It took Tennessee signee Jonathan Kongbo a little longer than expected to send in his letter of intent, but it’s been a much shorter wait for the nation’s top junior college prospect to show off his skills in the weight room. Watch Kongbo squat a lot of weight with ease.
Other Tennessee news from around the Internet
- A Tennessee target for the Class of 2017 continues to add SEC offers seemingly every day. The four-star wide receiver now bolsters 20 scholarship offers, including 10 from SEC programs.
- There was more action regarding the university’s Title IX lawsuit Tuesday, as two football players were added to the lawsuit.
The best stories around the SEC
- 13 SEC players included in NFL.com’s highest-graded 2016 NFL Draft prospects
- Mike Mayock explains why NFL teams like Ohio State’s Ezekiel Elliott more than Alabama’s Derrick Henry
- Former Florida star “embarrassed” for his involvement in published fight video
- Tim Tebow is America’s 5th favorite QB, despite 3 seasons out of the NFL