Good morning, Tennessee fans. The Vols have a huge weekend coming up on the recruiting trail, and Jim Harbaugh made a jab at Butch Jones on Twitter. That and more in today’s batch of news.
Here are four things to know:
- Here’s what Harbaugh fired back at Jones on Twitter after Jones joked with other SEC coaches about visiting Michigan’s practice in Florida.
- According to a report, the Texans will release former Vol Arian Foster.
- Here’s what you need to know about a massive recruiting weekend in Knoxville, Tenn.. And here is Tennessee’s spring practice schedule.
- Brain aneurysms almost killed one former Tennessee defensive tackle in 2014.
Other Tennessee news from around the Internet
- A former teammate of Peyton Manning’s supported Manning’s story regarding an alleged sexual assault incident. The teammate said he was in the training room at the time, but that might not be true, ESPN’s T.J. Quinn wrote.
- WBAL’s Brett Hollander sat down with Knoxville News Tennessee beat writer Dustin Dopirak to discuss the controversy surrounding the Vols’ program.
The best stories around the SEC
- It was a rough day for Alabama. First the Crimson Tide lost a top quarterback commit.
- Here’s why he changed his mind.
- Then, later in the day a running back commit flipped his commitment, too.
- Here are seven SEC players that could shine in the 2017 NFL Scouting Combine.
- Ole Miss coach Hugh Freeze gave his input regarding Harbaugh’s decision to hold spring practice in Florida.