4 things every Tennessee fan needs to know today
Happy Wednesday, Tennessee fans! We’re three days away from the Vols’ matchup against Arkansas at Neyland Stadium. Coach Butch Jones will speak during Wednesday’s SEC teleconference and also meet with members of the Knoxville media. Here’s what else you need to know:
- Where does Tennessee fit into the college football bowl picture? See where the experts are saying after the Vols’ 2-2 start
- Three star players were limited during Tuesday’s practice. Will they be ready for Saturday’s game?
- The Tennessee coaching staff has been questioned for days on its decision to forego a two-point conversion. Offensive coordinator Mike DeBord stood by the decision following Tuesday’s practice.
- Like Jones before him, Tennessee defensive coordinator John Jancek accepted blame for his team’s 28-27 loss to Florida.
Other Tennessee news from around the Internet
- Wes Rucker of GoVols247 provides a rapid fire review of Tuesday’s practice.
- Caleb Calhoun of All For Tennessee suggests why Chip Kelly and Justin Fuente put pressure on Jones.
- Bob Holt of Arkansas Online notes that both teams in Saturday’s matchup are under fire for blown leads.
Best stories around the SEC
- Nick Saban on Lane Kiffin: “I don’t know what his issues were as a head coach”
- SEC Defensive Player of the Year tracker: Week 5
- Florida coach Jim McElwain has heart-felt message for young cancer patient
- Ole Miss using extreme practice method to prepare for Florida
Re: spying Grier, rushing three and playing coverage, #Vols DC John Jancek admitted he 'probably went to that call one too many times.'
— Patrick Brown (@patrickbrownTFP) September 29, 2015