4 things every Tennessee fan needs to know today
Tennessee revealed what had been rumored since Saturday’s game against Georgia: Defensive tackle Shy Tuttle is done for the season with an ankle injury.
Even though he’s just a freshman, Tuttle is a huge loss. He was quickly becoming one of the Vols better options at defensive tackle and showed the ability to play sideline-to-sideline, a rarity for a 310 pounder. The Vols will struggle to replace him.
There was, however, good news on the injury front.
Here are four things to know:
- Tennessee revealed they have a serious injury to overcome. It won’t be easy to replace one of the Vols’ standout freshmen.
- Phillip Fulmer may not have been fond of Steve Spurrier when the two were SEC East rivals. Now, he sees the Ole’ retired Ball Coach a little bit differently.
- The Vols will likely go bowling. Where? That’s the question. Based off current bowl predictions, don’t expect an overly balmy destination.
- Tennessee RB John Kelly had a scary moment at practice that required a trip to the hospital.
Other Tennessee news from around the Internet
- The Vols have to find an answer to one big question. How do they replace Shy Tuttle? Here are some options, as per Knoxville News Sentinel reporter Dustin Dopirak.
- Except for Tuttle, the Vols seem to be getting healthier. Tennessee welcomed some old faces back to the practice field on Tuesday, as per Knoxville News Sentinel reporter Dustin Dopirak.
- Things didn’t look good for safety LaDarrell McNeil earlier this season. After a serious neck injury, his career was very much in doubt. Here, Brian Rice of utsports.com showcases the senior with a second chance.
The best stories around the SEC
- Steve Spurrier’s Fun ‘n Gun brought football evolution to the SEC
- So long to to Steve Spurrier: A legend, an innovator and a quitter
- SEC Football Q and A: Where does South Carolina job rank among job openings?
- Alabama facing vastly improved Aggies
Hate my season had to end this early but thanks for all the prayers, I appreciate it. 2 https://t.co/gpipbWS2zi
— Shy Tuttle (@KingTut_90) October 13, 2015