Despite all the positive vibes following the comeback win over Georgia, Tennessee is still a 3-3 football team. So, obviously, there is plenty of work to do during a bye week with No. 10 Alabama looming.
Priority No. 1? Finding a defensive tackle to replace Shy Tuttle – or at least one to take some snaps. Shuttle suffered a season-ending ankle injury against the Bulldogs last week. That and some NFL Draft projections have kept the bye week interesting.
Here are four things to know:
- Tennessee coach Butch Jones wasn’t happy with the block that robbed him of freshman defensive tackle Shy Tuttle, who suffered a season-ending ankle injury against UGA In fact, Jones turned the Bulldogs into the SEC.
- Cam Sutton doesn’t have to think about the NFL now. He will very soon. The Tennessee junior cornerback has been climbing draft boards all season. Look where he’s projected now.
- Sutton isn’t the only prospect making an impression with NFL scouts. Remember Tennessee defensive tackle prospect Jarran Reed? He’s wowing analysts for the Crimson Tide.
- John Kelly should be back soon. Tennessee’s freshman running back was taken to the hospital on Tuesday. Here is the diagnosis.
Other Tennessee news from around the Internet
- The Vols began the season inexperienced and thin at defensive tackle. Now it’s even worse. Here’s how the Vols will adjust,according to 247Sports.com reporter Ryan Callahan.
- Running means winning when it comes to Tennessee quarterback Joshua Dobbs, as per Wes Rucker of 247Sports.com.
- Tennessee is in the hunt for one of the top receivers in the nation. Here is what he thought of Knoxville, as per Scout.com’s Greg Biggins.