4 things every Tennessee fan needs to know today
Tennessee coach Butch Jones offered up an encouraging injury report on Monday. That’s good news for the Vols. They’ll need all hands on deck to upset No. 8 Alabama in Tuscaloosa.
The Vols (3-3, 1-2 SEC) will take on the Crimson Tide (6-1, 3-1 SEC) on Saturday at 3:30 p.m. ET. Before hitting the practice field on Monday, Jones said his banged up players were mostly healed thanks to a bye week. He also challenged one of his former star recruits.
Here are four things to know:
- The Vols are getting healthier and younger upfront. Tennessee’s first-team offensive line is very much up in the air. Also, Jones said it’s time for a certain freshman defensive tackle to step up.
- Alabama is, of course, very good. Two Crimson Tide players received SEC player of week honors on Monday.
- Kickoff time for the Tennessee-Kentucky game has been announced. Trick-or-treating may have to wait.
- Mid-season SEC championship odds are out. Where do the Vols stand?
Other Tennessee news from around the Internet
- VIDEO: Tennessee linebacker coach Tommy Thigpen knows what it’s like to win in Tuscaloosa. He did so as an Auburn assistant coach in 2010. Thigpen talks about beating the Crimson Tide, per Knoxville News Sentinel reporter Grant Ramey.
- Tennessee quarterback Joshua Dobbs has a history of playing well against Alabama, per GoVols247.com reporter Wes Rucker.
- The Vols need freshman defensive tackle Kahlil McKenzie more than ever, writes GoVols247.com reporter Ryan Callahan.
- Tennessee running back Alvin Kamara began his college career at Alabama. His teammates say he’s ready to go back, as chronicled by GoVols247.com reporter Ryan Callahan.