4 things every Tennessee fan needs to know today
Happy Monday, everyone. Coming off the wrong end of a late comeback this weekend, Tennessee must now shift its focus to snapping its two-game losing skid against a UGA team that just dropped its first game of the year to Alabama. Here is some of the Vols news you might have missed:
- Here was the Tennessee report card. Only the defense and special teams received passing grades after the team suffered a late collapse against Arkansas. The loss dropped the Vols to 0-2 in SEC play this season.
- The Tennessee alumni base reacted to the game. Former Vols wide receiver Donte Stallworth asked one simple question regarding the defense, while former defensive end Leonard Little seemingly lost hope for the rest of the year.
- A 4-star Georgia defensive end put Tennessee in his top 10. Robert Beal of Norcross, Ga., has Tennessee in the mix along with other SEC schools such as LSU, Ole Miss and UGA. Of course, Tennessee plays the Bulldogs this weekend, which could have ramifications on Beal’s decision.
- Another 4-star Georgia defensive end has Tennessee in his top five. So put the Vols in the running for a pair of Georgia defensive linemen in Beal and Antonneous Clayton. In addition to Tennessee, Clayton is considering Florida, Florida State, Auburn and Oklahoma.
Other Tennessee news from around the Internet
- The Knoxville News Sentinel’s Grant Ramey wonders after dropping two in a row again SEC opponents, where does Tennessee go from here? Tennessee faces Georgia and Alabama over the next three weeks and Ramsey believes the Vols could be 2-5 by Halloween.
- TheChattanoogan.com’s Jerre Haskew writes that Tennessee’s football problems may start at the top. Haskew said the team looks demoralized and lacks confidence after three losses that could have been victories, and the next month isn’t kind to the team.
- Today’s U’s Jason Hall wonders how much longer Butch Jones will remain in Knoxville. Hall infers that the loss to Arkansas may have been the final straw for Tennessee alumni, and that each week it’s getting more difficult to put support behind the coach.
Best stories around the SEC
- Jim McElwain transforms Florida quickly into championship contender (We knew about the defense, but what about this offense?)
- Auburn QB situation still being assessed “game-by-game” (Has Sean White done enough?)
- LSU moves up to No. 1 in SEC Country Power Rankings (Tigers face the Gamecocks this Saturday)
- SEC Film Room: Alabama flourished vs. UGA because of Lane Kiffin and new QB (Are the Tide back?)
- SEC Film Room: Breaking down why UGA fell apart vs. Alabama (Bulldogs face Tennessee next)