Tennessee held its second press conference of the week. This time it was athletic director Dave Hart’s turn, just two days after 16 head coaches took the podium.
Also, here is the latest on Peyton Manning’s future plans and a look back on recruiting from Tennessee signee Marcus Tatum.
Here are four things to know:
- Tennessee athletic director Dave Hart addressed the status of his job security, the Vols’ problems in regard to the Title IX lawsuit and the latest allegations made against coach Butch Jones.
- Some current players and a former one rallied to Jones’ defense. Here is what they had to say.
- Is Peyton Manning ready to retire? Here’s an update from Denver Broncos’ general manager John Elway.
- Recruiting Rewind: A certain SEC coach didn’t impress Tennessee signee Marcus Tatum.
Other Tennessee news from around the Internet
- Quarterback Joshua Dobbs said his team can’t let the negative publicity affect the Vols, according to GoVols247.com’s Wes Rucker.
- Tennessee basketball coach Rick Barnes will take the losses if his team learns some valuable lessons, per Rucker.
The best stories around the SEC
- The domestic violence case against Johnny Manziel will be sent to grand jury.
- Former South Carolina wideout Pharoh Cooper said some Gamecocks lost focus after coach Steve Spurrier resigned.
- Former Georgia running back Keith Marshall looks back on his injury-riddled career.
- Former Mississippi State quarterback Dak Prescott is feeling pretty good about himself.
- Former Ole Miss offensive tackle Laremy Tunsil nearly left the Rebels during his NCAA suspension.4