Peyton Manning did Tennessee proud on Sunday.
The former Vols great picked up his second Super Bowl victory as the Denver Broncos defeated the Carolina Panthers, 24-10 at Levi’s Stadium in Santa Clara, Calif.
Manning completed 13-of-23 passes for 143 yards, and was peppered with questions about his future following the victory. Has Manning played his last game in the NFL?
That remains to be seen, but Vols fans everywhere must have been happy to see their former signal-caller hoist the Lombardi Trophy.
Here are four things to know:
- There was much speculation heading into Sunday night’s Super Bowl whether or not it would be Manning’s final contest.
- Following the victory, Manning commented on his future.
- Manning shook plenty of hands following Sunday’s win, but he got a kiss from a familiar face.
- Several college football personalities reacted to Manning and the Broncos victory Sunday night.
Other Tennessee news from around the Internet
- Peyton’s father, Archie Manning, gave his opinion on his son’s NFL future (Mike Florio, Pro Football Talk).
- Panther’s quarterback Cam Newton was noticeably disappointed after the game, but did find time to congratulate Manning on the victory (Sports Illustrated).
The best stories around the SEC
- All eyes were on Manning throughout the game, but one Broncos player stole the show.
- Newton didn’t take the loss so great.
- One Texas A&M assistant will not return to the Aggies next season.
- Alabama has reportedly found a new defensive assistant.