For a Monday in December, it would be hard for Tennessee’s football program to generate anymore news.
The Vols gave coach Butch Jones a hefty raise, lost another highly-rated commitment and had a subsequent Twitter uproar.
Here are five things to know:
- Butch Jones got a hefty pay raise on Monday. See just how much.
- Tennessee opened bowl practice on Monday. There are plenty of questions.
- The Vols lost another commitment, this time one of the best quarterbacks in the nation.
- Another Tennessee quarterback prospect weighed in on all the recent de-commitments.
- A current Tennessee commitment came out to defend his fellow prospect.
Other Tennessee news from around the Internet
- Here are some of the particulars in Jones’ new contract, per Knoxville News Sentinel reporter Dustin Dopirak.
- Jones’ raise only keeps him in line with other SEC coaches, per Knoxville News Sentinel columnist Mike Strange.
The best stories around the SEC
- Highly-rated quarterback prospect Jacob Eason is set to announce between two SEC schools.
- Report: This is what Robert Nkemdiche ingested before falling out of a hotel window.
- Alabama might have actually lost a recruiting battle. Which SEC school might steal a former Crimson Tide commit?