Tennessee picked up an important commitment on Monday as it beat out two of their archrivals for a Florida offensive tackle. The Vols also picked up a coach that was so sure he wanted to be a Vol, he essentially took a pay cut.
Offseason? Not quite.
Here are five things to know:
- Tennessee’s newest coach agreed to pay his own buyout to become a Vol.
- The Vols picked up an important offensive tackle prospect on Monday.
- Marcus Tatum knew he wanted to come to Tennessee for quite some time.
- There are four new Vols on campus that can lend a hand in 2016.
- One of the top prospects in the nation has a surprise that might just have something to do with Tennessee.
Other Tennessee news from around the Internet
The best stories around the SEC
- Alabama coach Nick Saban looked back on the passing of former running back Altee Tenpenny.
- There’s immediate help coming for the Gators. Florida will add 13 mid-year enrollees.
- Ole Miss quarterback Chad Kelly will be back for the 2016 season.
- Steve Spurrier is always good for a joke. This one was top notch.