Yet another serious accusation has been levied against Tennessee’s athletic department. This time it’s directed at coach Butch Jones.
The Vols have plenty to deal with. Athletic director Dave Hart is scheduled to answer questions on Thursday afternoon.
Here are five things to know:
- Jones allegedly called a former Tennessee player a “traitor” and said he “betrayed the team” for helping a woman who alleges that two other football players raped her .
- There are even more allegations against the Vols and two more plaintiffs have joined the Title IX lawsuit.
- Tennessee is trying to get Peyton Manning removed from the lawsuit. Will it work?
- This Tennessee signee looked back on his recruitment and gave some fantastic insight.
- The Vols are looking north to find their next star tailback. He happens to be really fast. Oh, Canada.
Other Tennessee news from around the Internet
- Here is what one of Tennessee’s attorneys had to say about the latest lawsuit developments, per GoVols247.com’s Wes Rucker.
- Where do the Vols stand in recruiting? Here is what GoVols247.com’s Ryan Callahan thinks.
The best stories around the SEC
- Georgia coach Kirby Smart and Michigan coach Jim Harbaugh are having an entertaining public debate.
- Sometimes there’s good reason to leave school early. This NFL prospect did so because his mother was homeless.
- A mother of a former Ohio State player took a shot at Alabama.
- Steve Spurrier, Jr., could be returning to coach at Florida.