5 things every Tennessee fan needs to know today
The Tennessee-Kentucky game has a strange feel this season.
First, it’s being played in October instead of November. Second, the Vols aren’t even staying in Lexington this weekend. Lastly, it’s on Halloween.
Here’s everything you need to know as we approach this eery game.
Here are five things to know:
- Are you worried about kicker Aaron Medley after his Alabama performance? Coach Butch Jones has some words that may calm you.
- The Vols have actually gotten healthier after a banged-up start to the season. Jones shared some injury news.
- Tennessee will spend as little time as possible in Lexington. Here is the interesting itinerary.
- Oak Ridge (Tenn.) may not be a recruiting hotbed. However, the Wildcats have a receiver and a tight end worth reading about. One is recruiting for the Vols.
- Here is what the Vols will be wearing against the Wildcats.
Other Tennessee news from around the Internet
- The Vols have a new starter in the secondary. That and other tidbits from Tennessee’s press conference and practice on Wednesday, per InsideTennessee.com’s Cory Gunkel.
- Tennessee RB Jalen Hurd calls the 2015 season “decent” so far. Here’s how he plans to improve its standing, per GoVols247.com’s Ryan Callahan.
- Alvin Kamara was named a captain last week against Alabama. The designation is still an honor, per GoVols247.com’s Wes Rucker.
- Kentucky coach Mark Stoops has some very positive things to say about the Vols.
- Wildcat nose guard Matt Elam wasn’t a fan favorite last week. Here is what he thought of the fan criticism.
The best stories around the SEC
- Advanced metrics show strength of SEC West, weakness of SEC East
- SEC fans will get a good laugh from Big Ten Network analyst’s playoff bracket
- Ole Miss DB Tony Conner decision coming, DT Robert Nkemdiche ‘cleared to go’
- Leonard Fournette: “LSU hasn’t won a championship in a minute”
- Leonard Fournette could have braces removed before Alabama game