5 things every Tennessee fan needs to know today
There are plenty of reasons why Tennessee will beat South Carolina this week. The Vols are big favorites and are playing well. South Carolina also has an interim coach.
A possible letdown is Tennessee’s biggest challenge this week if the Vols don’t take the Gamecocks seriously. A loss to South Carolina would change the entire feel of the season.
Here are five things to know:
- South Carolina is a tough team to figure now that former coach Steve Spurrier is gone. Here is what Vegas thinks about the Gamecocks’ chances against the Vols.
- For kicks, here is where the Vols rank nationally in special teams. The Vols are really good in the oft-forgotten phase of the game.
- Here is the final report card from Tennessee’s impressive win over Kentucky. The grades are in.
- The Vols are in the running for the top prospect in the state of Georgia. Here is when he’ll visit Knoxville.
- Several former Vols enjoyed the Kentucky game. Here are some of their tweets.
Other Tennessee news from around the Internet
- More recruiting news as Tennessee is among the final three for a 4-star receiver.
- Former Vol Tee Martin is once again in the middle of a key recruiting battle.
- Where do the Vols stand in the chase for one of the top OL in the region?
- South Carolina interim coach Shawn Elliott said Tennessee tailback Jalen Hurd is old school.
- Former Tennessee coach Phillip Fulmer let his guard down on Halloween.
The best stories around the SEC
- Florida is going to win the SEC East. That stings for Tennessee fans imagining that might have been.
- Missouri quarterback Maty Mauk has some free time. His season is over.
- Some don’t think the Alabama-LSU game is all that important.
- Others believe a one-loss Alabama team isn’t as good as Memphis.
- WATCH: The boom got dropped this weekend with some big hits on Saturday.