There are plenty of reasons why Tennessee will beat South Carolina this week. The Vols are big favorites and are playing well. South Carolina also has an interim coach.
A possible letdown is Tennessee’s biggest challenge this week if the Vols don’t take the Gamecocks seriously. A loss to South Carolina would change the entire feel of the season.
Here are five things to know:
- South Carolina is a tough team to figure now that former coach Steve Spurrier is gone. Here is what Vegas thinks about the Gamecocks’ chances against the Vols.
- For kicks, here is where the Vols rank nationally in special teams. The Vols are really good in the oft-forgotten phase of the game.
- Here is the final report card from Tennessee’s impressive win over Kentucky. The grades are in.
- The Vols are in the running for the top prospect in the state of Georgia. Here is when he’ll visit Knoxville.
- Several former Vols enjoyed the Kentucky game. Here are some of their tweets.
Other Tennessee news from around the Internet
- More recruiting news as Tennessee is among the final three for a 4-star receiver.
- Former Vol Tee Martin is once again in the middle of a key recruiting battle.
- Where do the Vols stand in the chase for one of the top OL in the region?
- South Carolina interim coach Shawn Elliott said Tennessee tailback Jalen Hurd is old school.
- Former Tennessee coach Phillip Fulmer let his guard down on Halloween.
The best stories around the SEC
- Florida is going to win the SEC East. That stings for Tennessee fans imagining that might have been.
- Missouri quarterback Maty Mauk has some free time. His season is over.
- Some don’t think the Alabama-LSU game is all that important.
- Others believe a one-loss Alabama team isn’t as good as Memphis.
- WATCH: The boom got dropped this weekend with some big hits on Saturday.