Tennessee needed two quarters to beat Kentucky. Explosive plays in the middle frames spelled doom for the Wildcats on Halloween in Lexington.
The Vols took their first step to finishing out the season with a 5-0 run. Here’s how things shook out.
Here are five things to know:
- Tennessee coach Butch Jones said the Vols are galvanized after a 52-21 win against Kentucky.
- Kentucky coach Mark Stoops was not happy with how his team played. Who could blame him?
- Tennessee will be without a key defender against South Carolina after this hit got him ejected.
- Things got a little scrappy early. Watch Owen Williams lose his cool. Not a good look.
- Tennessee dug itself into a hole quickly. Watch how the Vols fell down 7-0.
Other Tennessee news from around the Internet
- Is this Joshua Dobbs’ best pass as a Vol? It certainly has to be considered. Watch the big bomb here.
- Tennessee’s special teams ended any hopes Kentucky had of hanging with the Vols. Watch Tennessee’s two big-time returns here.
- Kentucky quarterback Patrick Towles was not very happy about losing to Tennessee. As a matter of fact, he was quite outspoken about the 52-21 loss.
- Tennessee ran, passed, played solid defense and even scored on special teams twice. Jones called Tennessee’s performance a complete game, per GoVols247.com’s Wes Rucker.