Butch Jones was a bit outspoken on Wednesday, at least for him.
Tennessee’s head coach called for changes to how the NCAA handles suspensions during his weekly press conference and urged fans to be more patient during Vol Calls.
Here are six things to know:
- It may take some time for Jones’ Vols to reach expectations. Here is his timeline to bring the Vols back.
- Butch Jones doesn’t like Emmanuel Moseley’s suspension. He wants things to change.
- Where will Tennessee go bowling? The destination may be better than most think.
- After a rash of injuries early this season, the Vols are healing up. However, a key offensive lineman is still out.
- The Vols will have a visitor at Neyland Stadium this weekend that just might remind fans of an NFL star.
- A 4-star receiver from Michigan is planning a return trip to Knoxville.
Other Tennessee news from around the Internet
- Jones doesn’t think Tennessee fans should be in too much of a hurry to win, per a tweet by Knoxville News Sentinel reporter Dustin Dopirak.
- Sure, they can catch. But they’d rather win. Tennessee’s receivers are doing what they must to help the Vols, per GoVols247.com’s Wes Rucker.
- Butch Jones remembers the South Carolina series well. It was a major step in rebuilding the Vols, per GoVols247.com’s Ryan Callahan.
- The Vols may have an uphill battle, but they’re not giving up on a key Florida target.
- Tennessee’s basketball team is awaiting a ruling from the NCAA on forward Ray Kasongo’s eligibility, per GoVols247.com’s Wes Rucker.
The best stories around the SEC
- Auburn may have a quarterback of the future.
- Florida’s quarterback of the future is out for the season.
- Take note Rebels fans, Ole Miss has a chance to get into the College Football Playoff.
- Here’s a gameday preview of the Mississippi State-Missouri game.
- WATCH: SEC fans confess in a hilarious spoof video.