It’s the first week of the long break before fall camp, Vols fans.
Tennessee officially wrapped up the spring with the Orange and White Game on Saturday and that means no more football in Knoxville until fall camp opens.
Here are six things to know:
- The Vols got through the spring game relatively injury free and kept the anticipation for the 2016 season high. Here are our full grades for the scrimmage.
- A social media war between Florida and Tennessee football players continued on Sunday with a few trolling Instagram posts from Gators’ defensive tackle Caleb Brantley.
- Joshua Dobbs went out of his way to meet one young Vols fan, who was sad he didn’t get to meet the quarterback at the spring game. Dobbs made another young fan’s day by giving her a birthday hug.
- Tennessee athletics generated the ninth-most revenue in the nation for 2014-15, according to a database compiled by USA Today.
- Peyton Manning was at the NASCAR race at Bristol Motor Speedway on Sunday to promote an upcoming game for the Vols against Virginia Tech at the racetrack.
- The U.S. Navy Leap Frogs parachuted into Neyland Stadium before the spring game on Saturday. Watch video of the jumps and landings.
Other LSU news from around the Internet
- Wide receiver Preston Williams is turning a corner with the Vols and entering his sophomore season with a new mindset, writes Wes Rucker of 247 Sports.
The best stories around the SEC
- Von Miller wants to help fellow Texas A&M alum Johnny Manziel find himself after plenty of off-field troubles.
- The top recruit of the Class of 2016, and former target of several SEC schools, Rashan Gary, received a threatening, racist voicemail before committing to Michigan.