Tennessee ramped up bowl practice on Monday as the Vols drew a day closer to playing Northwestern in the Outback Bowl on Jan. 1. Moreover, there were some special recruiting guests on hand to take a closer look at the Vols.
It was a busy day across the state. While Tennessee practiced in Tampa, Fla., high school stars had mixed reviews about Tennessee in the Under Armour All-America Game in Orlando.
Here are seven things to know:
- The Vols and a highly rated prospect appear to be parting ways.
- Three Tennessee players will see what the NFL has to say about them possibly leaving school early.
- One of Tennessee’s top-rated offensive line targets thinks highly of the Vols.
- The Vols hosted another coveted offensive lineman during Monday’s practice.
- Another football prospect was also in attendance for practice. This time it was a fast-rising junior defensive end.
- Tennessee’s players took time for some community service amid bowl practice and festivities.
- VOTE: It’s Peyton vs. Herschel in the SEC Country playoffs.
Other Tennessee news from around the Internet
- Offensive coordinator Mike DeBord said Tennessee’s players are showing great focus, per GoVols247.com’s Ryan Callahan.
- In a rarity this season, the Vols were healthy at receiver for a practice, per Callahan.