Tennessee hosted a bevy of official visitors this weekend. The Vols seemed to gain ground in recruiting. However, no commitments – yet.
Also, Bob Shoop’s pay scale is revealed. Is Tennessee’s new defensive coordinator worth it? And the latest basketball news is all here.
Here are seven things to know:
- The Vols nearly received a commitment from one of their top defensive end targets.
- Tennessee’s coaches received a helping hand in the recruitment of wide receiver Binjimen Victor.
- Marquez Callaway looked back on his official visit to Tennessee. He liked the food.
- Longtime Vols receiver commitment Brandon Johnson saw a new side of Tennessee.
- Here is where newly hired Tennessee coach Bob Shoop ranks among the top defensive coordinators in the SEC.
- Shoop’s contract details were reported. Here are the details.
- Are the Vols a real national title contender?
Other Tennessee news from around the Internet
- Tennessee basketball coach Rick Barnes raved about the way the Vols communicated on Saturday, according to Knoxville News Sentinel reporter Grant Ramey.
- The Lady Vols aren’t going to dwell on their loss to Arkansas, per Knoxville News Sentinel reporter Dargan Southard.
The best stories around the SEC
- Here is a very odd story concerning one of the top prospects from the southeast. Was his Twitter account really hacked?
- Former Alabama running back Derrick Henry knows which NFL team he wants to draft him, and it’s his favorite one
- Mississippi coach Dan Mullen is impressing prospects with his Snoop Dogg sneakers.
- Kentucky basketball boasts four McDonald’s All-American selections.